вівторок, 3 лютого 2015 р.

Herman Weiss

        Dear Victoria,
       I promised to write you a letter when everything will be okay. Do you remember me? My name is Herman Weiss; you helped my family when we came from Austria-Hungary almost a year ago. Many people were fleeing the war, and we were not exceptions. We are not refugees, but my father decided to seek refuge in America.  He knew that there are many ethnic groups in US, and among them Germans. In addition, America is perfect choice for emigrants; there is no discrimination and deportation.  Then my father started to look for a boat. At first, we travelled by a fishing boat, then by a yacht, which delivered us to the big port where we found the captain of American liner; we paid him a lot for a cabin and the next we saw the ground was in the docks of New York.
       It is very hard to distinguish us from the Native Americans. The sense of culture shock is disappear. Maybe becoming US citizen was my faith. Who knows? We have successfully integrated in our new lifestyle. My father is a mechanic at the service station, mother is a housewife, as for me, I am student; I have strong desire to studying. In general, things are going its usual way. I am very grateful for your help; I am looking forward for your answer.
Sincerely,
Yours Herman. 

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар